Artist: Amália Rodrigues
Title: Amália sings traditional fado
Format: CD (8 pages booklet)
File under: Fado / World Music / Portugal
Cat. #: SM006-CD
Release date: April 21st 2011
- Amália sings… Collection of 4 titles.
- Original illustration.
- Biographical notes in English and Portuguese.
- 20 of the best fados from 1945 to 1959.
- Audio restored and mastered in HD.
- 2011, fado UNESCO’s Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity.
Amália sings is a small collection of four titles that reflect the versatility and the interpretive genius of the singer. One could say that this is a true best of Amália Rodrigues from 1945 to 1959, because it includes the best songs from the beginning of his recording career until her consecration.
The recordings were retrieved with ultimate software generation - with the audio been dealt with and mastered in high definition, so one can hear the Amália’s voice the same way as it was presented to the world, as one of the great singers of the twentieth century.
The four titles comprising this collection, reveals Amália’s multiple artistic skills;
- Amália sings traditional fado
- Amália sings fado songs
- Amália sings with orchestra
- Amália sings the world
Each of these titles includes 20 songs, original illustrations and biographical notes in English and
A collection for all Diva of Fado fans, who can here listen to her exceptional voice, and realize why Amália was considered one of the four best singers in the world.
- Fado menor (Linhares Barbosa/Arr. S. Moreira)
- Tudo isto é fado (Aníbal Nazaré/Fernando Carvalho)
- Que Deus me perdoe (S. Tavares/Frederico Valério)
- Novo fado da Severa (F. Dantas/F. de Freitas)
- Fado alfacinha (António Feijó/Jaime Santos)
- Não é desgraça ser pobre (D. Araújo/Arr. S. Moreira)
- Fria claridade (P. Homem de Melo/José Marques Amaral)
- Fado das Tamanquinhas (Linhares Barbosa/Tamanquinhas)
- Interior triste (Armando Góis/Luís Macedo)
- Triste sina (Nóbrega e Sousa/Jerónimo Bragança)
- A minha canção é saudade (Frederico de Brito/Vasco Barros Queiroz)
- Há festa na Mouraria (G. de Oliveira/A. Duarte)
- Lago (Luís de Macedo)
- Fado dos fados (Leonel Neves/António Mestre)
- Lá porque tens cinco pedras (Linhares Barbosa/Filipe Pinto)
- Fado da adiça (Rodrigo de Melo/Armandinho)
- Fado marujo (Linhares Barbosa/Artur Ribeiro)
- Faia (Amadeu do Vale/F. de Carvalho)
- Ai Mouraria (Amadeu do Vale/Frederico Valério)
- Malmequer pequenino (Ricardo Borges de Sousa)